Pagina's

dinsdag 9 juni 2015

Society these days

When I look at society these days, I look in awe
So many things wrong with who we are
We don't respect eachother, we don't even care
Most times we don't notice when somebody isn't there


We tell eachother lies, truth is pretty rare
Let your mouth fall open, let your eyes stare
Yes, I'm different but I was proud
Until people started to try and knock me down
The fact that I do not live my life the way you would like
Is not a reason for you to teach me things like a lifeguide
People are scared to not fit in
Trying their hardest to be thin
We're doing all to change ourselves, changing our designes
But why is it so bad to colour outside of the lines?
Why is it bad to be black or gay?
We can't change the fact that we're all born this way
What we do choose is to be racist, to bully and even to rape.
Why would you let society get you in this shape?
Please, I beg you, do one thing
Be yourself, you can do anything
And I swear that it's not you 
But that it is society these days
That's wrong in so many ways

- Danique

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten